State of Oregon
ODOT Highway Maintenance Region 1
ODOT Region 1 Electrical is recruiting for an electrician to perform journey level skilled electrical work as part of an electrical maintenance team. The ODOT maintenance team works on state highways, bridges, and related features. This team helps the state highway traffic to be safe and efficient.
This opportunity is located in ODOT Region 1, which includes the Portland metro area. Portland has earned a national reputation for its livability and charm. Why work at ODOT Region 1? You’ll enjoy:
- Working on important, technically interesting, and innovative projects.
- Creating tangible benefits for Oregon and our communities.
- Joining a highly skilled, dedicated staff.
- Being part of a national transportation leader.
- Seeing how your work makes a difference.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
This announcement will remain open until filled. Your immediate response is requested as this recruitment may close at any time without advance notice at the discretion of the agency after a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied. Screening will be conducted again as early as 7:30 am on Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
- Re-lamp highway illumination on poles with a height of up to 110 feet.
- Install and repair traffic signal systems including traffic signals and flashing beacons.
- Work on traffic signal field wiring and repair circuits.
- Inspect traffic signals.
- Upgrading power distribution systems.
- Add extensions to existing branch circuits or create new branch circuits.
- Install new services requiring single and three-phase power.
- Install new power distribution panels.
- Illuminated signs and variable message signs.
- Highway illumination control circuits operated by time clocks or photoelectric devices.
- Highway illumination that is underground or overheard – single phase or three phase.
- Lighting fixtures – both electrical discharge and incandescent.
- Irrigation controls.
- New services and panels.
- Portable light plants and generators.
- Ramp meters.
- Road weather information systems, traffic count systems, and roadway video/camera systems.
- Motor controls for shop equipment (air compressors, overhead doors, etc.).
- Fuel pumps and enclosures.
- Lubricating pit ventilation and lighting.
- Ventilation blowers.
- Heating and air conditioning controls-forced air and radiant, gas, oil, electric, steam, and hot water.
- Services and motor controls for sand shakers and rock crushers.
- Outdoors on a year-round basis in all weather conditions.
- Work on structures of high elevation such as bridges, light towers, and buildings.
- Climbing ladders and working from ladders, bucket trucks, or snorkel-lifts at heights of up to 175 feet.
- Working in and walking on rough terrain.
- Numerous calls to work after normal working hours.
- Employee must be capable of lifting; bending; stooping; and sitting in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Exposure to electrical shock hazards.
- This position requires the ability to distinguish colors
Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills:
A general journeyman electrical license (issued by the Oregon Building Codes Division or a state with reciprocity in Oregon). You are required to attach a copy of your license to your application. (It is acceptable to list your license number in the license section of the application. We will confirm the licenses of all applicants.)
This position requires a commercial driver’s license. Applicants must have at least a CDL-B or the ability to obtain one within six months of hire. ODOT will provide training. (We may show preference to applicants who already have or have begun the process of acquiring their CDL-B or CDL-A.)
Application Instructions: Click here to apply.
We appreciate your interest in this position and are eager to review your application materials. To apply, please complete the application as described below and answer the supplemental questions.
To apply for this position, you must:
- Complete the application. A resume or position description will not be accepted in place of a completed application.
- The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all of the minimum and special qualifications listed above.
- Complete the supplemental questions. Any experiences and employers listed in the supplemental questions must be listed in the work experience section of the application.
We will conduct criminal background checks on final candidates including current ODOT employees. All applicants are subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS, and/or education verification as required for the position.
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be give veterans’ preference. To receive preference you must attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
For questions about the job announcement, call 503-986-7146.
- Completed application.
- Completed supplemental questions with responses demonstrated in application.
- Veteran’s documents attached to application, if applicable.
We encourage you to print or save a PDF copy of your application.
Oregon Department of Transportation
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://stateoforegon.contacthr.com/52179515 →