Esterline Technologies Corporation
Maintenance Manager, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Defense Technologies (EDT) is comprised of five wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. The Defense Technologies platform has a sole source position in Combustible Ammunition Cases and Countermeasure Chaff. Additionally, Defense Technologies produces Countermeasure Flares and related products for the global defense industry. The platform is headquartered in Coachella, CA with additional locations in the states of Arkansas, Tennessee and North Carolina as well as one site in the United Kingdom.
- Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies is part of the Advanced Materials Business Segment of Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Industry: Defense Products & Services
- Number of Employees: 828
- Title: Maintenance Manager
- Job Family: Operations Management
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
- Location: Camden, Arkansas
- Type: Full-Time
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Director of Operations The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Maintenance department, and the maintenance of all manufacturing and facilities equipment and grounds. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the development and utilization of a computer maintenance management system (CMMS), including preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, maintenance planning and scheduling, maintenance store inventories and work orders system. This person is also responsible for the safety of all maintenance personnel, and the development of training programs for the maintenance organization. The Maintenance Manager assures that the department is in compliant with all company’s policies and procedures for all budgetary matters within the department. The Maintenance Manager prepares annual maintenance’s budgets, supervises the maintenance administrative staff, and oversees the maintenance activities regarding facilities, die, preventive, predictive maintenance, and janitorial services.
- Manages the supervisory personnel within the maintenance organization.
- Directs the operations and maintenance of production equipment, steam generating boilers, air compressors, electrical distribution centers, motor control centers, heating/cooling and ventilation systems, and maintains the water distribution system.
- Develops schedules and controls a preventive maintenance program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Plans a continual work schedule to maintain a safe and healthy condition on company property in order to achieve the best working condition possible for all employees.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in the maintenance of electrical and mechanical operations.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
- Follows up on the setting of proper priorities using customer information and agreements as guidelines.
- Assures that regular safety meetings are held with all maintenance personnel to discuss and inform the personnel about safety issues.
- Attend regular scheduled team meetings to address concerns and to help solve issues.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Must have good management skills, thorough knowledge in industrial maintenance functions, the ability to manage a multi-skilled maintenance crew, great planning and organizing skills, good communications skills both oral and written, good mathematical knowledge, and knowledge of ISO-9000 principles and some knowledge in SPC methods.
- Must be able to manage a computerized maintenance management system, a multi ethnic department, and read schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Must be a skillful leader and motivator.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
- Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as a supervisor/manager: approachability, directing others, interpersonal savvy, motivating others, sizing up people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports and drive for results.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
- Must have at least a four-year college degree, or 3 year of previous maintenance management experience, or 10 years experience as a maintenance supervisor, or equivalent training. Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: