As one of America’s finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California’s largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
Supervising Electrician – Evening Shift (3:00PM – 11:30PM)
UCLA Facilities Management, Los Angeles, CA
UCLA Facilities Management is seeking a high caliber Supervising Electrician to supervise a team of Lead Electricians, Electricians, Lead Facilities Mechanics, Facilities Mechanics, and Facilities Workers. The Supervisor will manage projects related to fixed and non-fixed priced jobs for tenant improvement projects, deferred maintenance projects, trouble call issues, group relamping and support to all Project Managers, DPMO, and or Capital Programs for single and multi-craft projects.
The Supervising Electrician is responsible for medium/high voltage distribution system and conducting plan reviews for new projects; hiring, discipline, evaluation, and termination of employees. This individual will write contracts (CWOC, EDPA, PSA etc.) and conduct job site assessment and evaluation; develop and review estimates; resolve project problems, coordinate outages, and ensure job is closed and charged properly; and participate in the Disaster Initial Response Team.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of the electrical trade and related codes sufficient to direct work, evaluate progress and ensure that craft work assignments meet stated standards.
- Working knowledge of electromechanical systems, solid state controlled electrical devices, basic electrical theory including AC/DC systems applications, protective relaying and materials equipment and tools of the Electrician’s trade.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, and CEC, Occupational Safety and Health Administration general safety rules, equipment, and clothing and California Administrative Codes including Titles 19 22, and 24, ADA, Joint Commission, Dept. Public Health, and OSHPD that may affect projects, their projected estimated costs or personnel.
- Possession of a current State of California Electrician Certification, Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Satisfactory completion of a certified 4-year apprenticeship or equivalent education and experience. Must also possess a valid California Driver’s License and the ability to drive a truck or other light vehicle.
- Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks’ vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
How to apply
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 24202. Alternatively, you may copy/paste the link below into your browser’s address bar:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/870147 →