University of California Los Angeles
Posting Category: Executive & Management Facilities, Trades, Custodial
Work Location: US – Westwood, CA
UCLA Title: HVAC Manager, Maintenance
Job #: 33355
Work Hours: 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Job Type: Full-Time, Career
Salary Range: $5,167 – $13,233 monthly
Bargaining Unit: 99-Policy Covered
Posted Date: 4/9/2021
The HVAC Manager, Maintenance reports to the Associate Director with operational responsibility for maintaining all Residence Halls, Residential Suites, Housing Administration Building, ORL Building, Northwest Auditorium, Covel Commons, University Guest House, Bradley Center, and DeNeve Plaza, Lake Arrowhead and Off Campus Housing as needed, in accordance with established University and departmental guidelines. The incumbent is primarily responsible for coordinating and directing the day-to-day operations of more complex maintenance and repairs of physical plant equipment, Emergency back up Generator systems, and Water softening systems. Responsible for plan and specification review for both departmental and division level projects, HVAC & Building Automation Systems and ongoing expansion, and the associated preventative and predictive maintenance programs. This position is also responsible for administration of contracts and projects, Budget development and control, Access/Security, and Food Service support as assigned. All work is performed in a cost effective manner with special consideration for building occupants and regularly changing priorities. The work requires frequent review of and travel to construction sites, requiring ability to climb ladders, walk and work in various rough graded sites, and lifting/lowering of weighted objects; diligently initiate, monitor and follow through on all construction/project related activities to ensure work adequately reflects clients’ needs. Supervises the work of 19 skilled employees and oversees the work of outside contractors.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect relative importance of pending facility maintenance repairs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff members, subordinates, managers and administrators.
- Skill in coordinating and supervising maintenance staff including delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance.
- Skill in preparing planning documents and recommendations for annual major maintenance projects.
- Skill in preparing, monitoring and maintaining multi-million dollar annual operating budgets.
- Skill in preparing annual financial reports and projections.
- Skill in scheduling and implementing preventive maintenance programs.
- Skills and knowledge in establishing and implementing energy conservation programs for On Campus Housing.
- Skill in interpreting construction documents such as bid contracts, general conditions, agreements, specifications and architectural drawings.
- Skill and knowledge in managing a complex, on going facility capital improvement program.
- Skill in managerial techniques to effectively utilize staff in roles responsible to the development and implementation of a designed maintenance program.
- Working knowledge of university forms, policies, procedures and ability to process forms required to accomplish various transactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written reports and oral presentations.
- Working knowledge of and skill in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, air conditioning equipment and repairs.
- Knowledge of function, operation and servicing of various HVAC and Building Automation Systems and utility distribution systems. Ability to design, plan and implement additional infrastructure to encompass existing HH&S facilities to the automation system.
- Skill in analyzing information concerning the efficient and economical operation of HVAC and Building Automation systems to fabricate reports and recommendations.
- Working knowledge of function, operation, repair and service procedures for Low Pressure Steam Boilers, Chillers, Hot Water Boilers and related distribution systems.
- Skill in basic drafting and design technique methods and procedures used in the areas of electrical, mechanical, architectural and civil engineering.
- Knowledge of fire, safety and building codes.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push, pull, and crouch for extended periods of time, as required to complete job assignments. Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License. Ability to drive a pick-up truck and/or van.
- Skill with Network based Personal Computing software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Skill in using Maximo Maintenance & Work Order Tracking Program, Building Automation Programs, and Auto-Cad.
- Certified as a LEED Qualified Commissioning Process provider.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 33355 Or, quicklink: https://apptrkr.com/2249707
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks of vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.