Maintenance Worker IV
Maintenance Worker IV
The Maintenance Worker IV is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance tasks on Naropa University campuses, including overseeing and training maintenance specialists. They use their skills and experience to troubleshoot and solve maintenance problems, and are able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. The person in this position preferably has a working knowledge of the following building trades: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and installation and repair of drywall systems as well as some landscaping experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Naropa University will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
•Oversee and train maintenance specialist.
•Troubleshoot and repair complex maintenance problems.
•Implements building and grounds projects
•Perform skilled carpentry, electrical, and plumbing work.
•Maintain and repair HVAC systems.
•Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and facilities.
•Prepare and maintain maintenance records and reports.
•Is an essential employee.
•Manages Snow Removal.
•Answers the Naropa On Call Phone in rotation and responds as needed.
•Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
What Naropa Requires
• All job candidates must hold a commitment to co-create a diverse and inclusive community and actively participate in related JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
• All job candidates must demonstrate their level of understanding of the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the impact these have on equity, access, and opportunity.
• All job candidates must demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of and appreciation for the values of Naropa University and the capacity to demonstrate an integration and embodiment of these values as evidenced in work, communication, collaboration styles, and other general workplace behaviors.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Four (4) years of maintenance experience, including experience in supervising and training.
Four (4) years of hands-on experience in a variety of maintenance tasks, with expertise in at least two of the following areas:
• HVAC: Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, and ability to perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
• Carpentry: Experience in advanced carpentry techniques, including the ability to install, repair, and maintain structures, walls, and surfaces.
• Electrical: Knowledge of electrical systems, including the ability to install, repair, and maintain electrical components and systems.
• Plumbing: Knowledge of plumbing systems, including the ability to install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and appliances.
• Project management and supervision: Ability to plan, manage, and oversee projects, as well as the ability to train and supervise lower level maintenance workers
Qualifications Naropa Would Prefer in Candidates for this Position
• Any professional certification or license related to the above highly preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience in the above areas with HVAC or electrician certification.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
During regular daily activities, employee must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: lift up to 50 lbs, stand, walk, sit, handle/finger, bend at the waist, reach above shoulder level, kneel, crouch, crawl, interruptions/distractions, heat/cold, dust, dampness, heights, and moving machinery parts.
Naropa recognizes the following holidays throughout the year:
-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
-Fall Break, 4th Thursday and Friday in November
-Winter Break, the last two weeks in December encompassing the Christmas holiday as well as New Year’s
Naropa’s health and welfare benefits include the following: medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, an employer-sponsored pre-tax retirement savings plan, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching, and a variety of voluntary, employee-paid supplemental insurance plans.
A comprehensive benefits package is available to full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours each week. Employees who work 20 – 29 hours each week are eligible for only the employer-paid short-term & long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment, and the retirement plan, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching.
Employees who work fewer than 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in Naropa’s retirement plan only, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching.
All regular full-time and part-time faculty and staff, including student workers, accrue sick leave benefits. Full-time and part-time staff positions accrue vacation and personal time. All leave accrual rates vary based on the position, hours worked, and years of service.
The University recognizes the importance of including its employees in its organizational mission and values and welcomes employees into the classroom to “touch the magic.” Specifically, regular employees are provided generous tuition remission opportunities for themselves and their family members.
Naropa University participates in the Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange Program (CIC-TEP). CIC-TEP is a network of CIC colleges and universities willing to accept, tuition-free, students from families of full-time employees of other CIC participating institutions (full-time as designated by the employer/institution). Additional information can be found here: https://www.cic.edu/member-services/tuition-exchange-program. Naropa University’s commitment to diversity aligns with its highest aspirations to apply contemplative inquiry and education to explore and embody the human qualities that facilitate collaboration to create a common humanity and a just society. Individuals who have experience with and a commitment to inclusive communities are encouraged to apply. EOE
Title IX is a federal civil rights law that prohibits gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual and relationship violence. This law applies to all students, faculty, and staff.
For more information, and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3934412