Resideo Showcases New Honeywell Home Thermostat and Refreshed Contractor Loyalty Program at AHR Expo
- New Honeywell Home T10 Pro Smart Thermostat with RedLINKTM Room Sensors help provide temperature and humidity control in any room, at any time
- Resideo doubles down on the professional HVAC channel, launches enhanced loyalty program for contractors
- Recent research by Resideo shows that nearly 60% of U.S. respondents replied that they would use a professional to install a thermostat if it was included in the price of the device1
Austin, Texas, Jan. 14, 2019 – Resideo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: REZI) announced from AHR Expo 2019 its new Honeywell Home T10 Pro Smart Thermostat that incorporates wireless sensors, and a completely refreshed Contractor PRO™ channel program that will help expand the contractor’s business in 2019 and beyond.
“Resideo understands the home and more importantly has a vision for what the smart home will be in the future. It builds on our 100-plus year history of innovation, and a trusted, iconic brand already in 150 million homes worldwide,” said Mike Nefkens, president and CEO of Resideo. “We are fully committed to the success of our 28,000 professional contractors we’ve been serving through our contractor program. We have re-designed the program to help grow and expand their businesses, while providing greater value to consumers who rely on their expertise to help keep their families comfortable.”
Smart Room Sensors
According to Parks Associates, smart thermostats are one of the most popular smart home products on the market. The new T10 Pro Smart Thermostat features wireless RedLINK sensors with a range of up to 200 feet, helping provide whole-home comfort. The new sensors monitor temperature, humidity, and motion; helping balance hot and cold spots in a home, and offer advanced features, including:
- People detection capabilities. Smart room sensors signal to the thermostat when a room becomes occupied and can automatically adjust the temperature based on your preferences and pre-set schedule.
- Unmatched range. The sensors offer up to a 200-foot range and communicate to the T10 Pro Smart Thermostat via Resideo’s RedLINK communication technology, which helps reduce installation time for the contractor. The thermostat can be connected to up to 20 smart room sensors.
- Simple user experience and set up. Resideo enhanced the full-color touch display on the thermostat, allowing for full on-device setup and Wi-Fi connection using intuitive gesture controls, such as tap and swipe up/down. The thermostat also makes use of the same UWP standard wall plate as the remainder of Honeywell Home T-Series thermostats to reduce training requirements and deliver a consistent installation experience.
Designed for your Day
Knowing that homeowners want comfort when they are home, and energy savings when they are away, the T10 Pro Smart Thermostat offers simple scheduling, geofencing and demand response programs that may qualify for utility rebates. Via the Honeywell Home app, homeowners can:
- Focus comfort on the living areas during the day and bedrooms at night. Set a preferred temperature for a room or group of rooms and prioritize multiple rooms at different times of day. For example, parents can help ensure everyone is sleeping at a comfortable temperature at night.
- Quickly switch which room is prioritized (i.e., change the priority from the living room to the kitchen when the family is using the stove to make dinner), or use a voice assistant to change the set schedule.
- Receive alerts if a room reaches a certain temperature – such as a nursery getting too cold at night.
The T10 Pro Smart Thermostat will be available to professional contractors in North America this Spring. At launch, the thermostats will integrate with Amazon Alexa and Google Home, IFTTT and Samsung SmartThings.
New Contractor PRO Program
Demonstrating its commitment to professional contractors, Resideo is announcing a completely refreshed Contractor PRO loyalty program that has been re-designed with the input of many of Resideo’s top contractors nationwide.
At the center of the new program is a revamped website that will serve as the one-stop-shop for program details, a performance dashboard, product training, point balances, redemption opportunities, a rebate calculator and leads that Resideo has generated for the contractor. Contractors participating in the Contractor PRO program will be able to access near real-time status updates on the website so they can stay informed on their status and progress against sales goals.
And finally, the program will now incorporate four tiers (bronze, silver, gold and platinum) for contractors based on their annual total purchases of Resideo products, with expanded rebates and financial incentives that reward annual growth and focus on the entire homes portfolio.
To learn more about Resideo’s professional comfort products and the new Contractor PRO program, please visit https://customer.resideo.com/. You can also follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ResideoPro), and connect with us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ResideoPro).
1 – YouGov Survey of 2,597 U.S. adults on purchase patterns on smart home devices, conducted December 2018.
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments, and distributor of low-voltage and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. The company has a long term, exclusive license to use the Honeywell Home brand for products and will continue to serve more than 100,000 contractors through its ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $4.8 billion company with approximately 14,500 global employees. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com.